Thursday, December 20, 2012

Why "Exiled Warrior" Is No More

The transformation is complete. My blog's title has changed, and thus, so has its focus.

After receiving several comments by concerned Zionist writers questioning why I called myself "Exiled Warrior," if in fact I had made Aliyah, I realized I hadn't made clear why I had chosen that title. It actually had nothing to do with the Jewish nation's exile, nor the question as to whether or not the modern State of Israel can be considered the beginning of the redemption. (This is, in itself, a fascinating Halachic discussion.)

Two years ago, upon my Aliyah, I began this blog under the name "Exiled Warrior." The focus of the blog was to inspire my peers who had been "exiled" by either the cookie-cutter school system or by their parents or closed-minded communities, to continue forward in the hopes of making a better and brighter future. I focused on revealing that the Torah is multifaceted, and that every Jew has a unique and important role that only he can fill. I begged educators to realize the catastrophic mistakes inherent in the system, and to make changes in order to "educate each child according to his nature." (Proverbs, 22:6)

However, I began to notice that my thoughts, and therefore my posts, were taking on a different focus. I realized that most of my posts became about the need for all Jews to make Aliyah and help build the State of Israel to be a home for all Jews. Post after post became about this crucial and central theme.

It is not, G-d forbid, that I do not find my original cause important anymore. In fact, I believe it is only getting more critical as the world spirals downward into the abyss of darkness. However, I believe my focus must be on awakening the sleeping Jewish masses as to the importance and central role that the Land of Israel is playing in this climactic time in history.

When a mother sees her sons in a burning building, she does try and rebuke them on their behavior or try and mend their ways. She screams and yells at them to get the hell out!

Yes, I can compare outside of Israel to a burning building. The intermarriage rate is at an amazing high! The Jewish DNA is disappearing! The influence of the nations seeps into nearly every home. More and more Jewish teens are lost to the welcoming ways of the modern G-d-forsaking man.

These problems are certainly found in Israel as well, but a wounded nation has a much each easier time healing together as one, then as dispersed individuals scattered around the globe.     

It is for this reason I believe it is my duty to do the utmost to help convince my brethren to return to our borders so that we may heal, together.

In the third Parasha of the Torah, Parashat Lech Lecha, Hashem tells the first Jew to make Aliyah. "Go for yourself, from your land to the Land that I (Hashem) will show you." (Genesis 12:1) Avraham, the first Jew, was taught the fundamental fact the Jews must be in Eretz Yisrael. It is the only way for a Jewish soul to truly survive. This is the Jewish calling. Ever since that utterance by G-d, the Jewish saga has been inextricably bound to the Land of Israel, and it remains that way until today. That was the first and everlasting commandment for all Jews to follow in his dusty footsteps and when possible (not when comfortable), go out "from your land, to the Land the I will show you."

Though this will not be an exclusively "Aliyah" blog, that will be my focus.

Please enjoy my stories of my life in Israel, challenge my Halachic discourse, and question my logic. I am still young, and have much to learn. However, in our times I believe it is incumbent on each of us to add what he thinks will better the world.

May Hashem grant me the wisdom to say what needs to be said, the clarity to know when to remain silent, and may the whole of the Jewish people "follow in the dusty footsteps" of our forefathers speedily in our days. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment